Pages

Thursday 28 July 2016

Quality Blog Post Checklist

BLOG POST CHECKLIST - Creating a Quality Blog Post

Components
Beginner
Stepping Up
Smart Learner

Learning

Image result for learning cartoon
What have I been learning?

  • I’ve identified what I have been learning about
  • I included an image, drawing or a screenshot of my learning
How do I know I have learnt?

  • My post includes information and ideas that demonstrate my understanding
  • I created a DLO that represents my ideas about the learning: eg, a video, diagram, infographic etc
Reflected on my learning:

  • My post includes new ideas and what I enjoyed or found challenging
  • I’ve explained what my next steps are, what questions I still have,  and what I might do differently next time

Impact

  • I have recounted my learning experience
  • Most of my ideas are organised
  • I included a photo, illustration or screenshot
  • My title is unique or catchy
  • My DLO is original, relevant and adds interest or further information
  • My post may include embedded html content e.g. collage, video, Google Slide, animation etc
  • My content communicates my personality e.g. interests, values
  • My information and ideas help my audience to understand the learning, and I’ve included a link to this activity on my class learning site
  • Content is original - DLO is created by me

Punctuation

  • I’ve made spelling and punctuation errors
  • Difficult for the reader to understand
  • I have checked for punctuation and spelling
  • I have asked a buddy to read, made corrections, and there are no obvious errors
  • I’m confident all spelling and punctuation is correct and content makes sense for my readers

Layout

  • My font sizes and colour may vary and need formatting
  • My images or embedded content might need to be resized
  • I may not have included relevant labels or title
  • I previewed layout to check position & size of images and embedded html content
  • Font size and colour are formatted
  • I’ve included title & labels  
  • My content is attributed if it’s not original
  • Media/html content is formatted e.g. size, position, and appears when post loads
  • My labels and title are relevant & improve searching
  • Some posts may be scheduled for publishing

Thanks James for sharing with us, and Madeline Campbell for sharing with James.

No comments:

Post a Comment